How is Bellevue University making decisions about the coronavirus?
Bellevue University is working closely with state and local health officials and local health providers so we can respond quickly to any changes in their recommendations, guidance, and direction.
Specific questions can be directed to a designated COVID-19 response team at COVIDResponse@Bellevue.edu.
What if I have to travel?
There are various advisories and restrictions regarding travel as it relates to COVID-19. Anyone considering or planning travel should check the latest information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the U.S. State Department.
What impact will this have on international students?
Bellevue University’s Academic Advisors/Student Coaches can assist international students and ensure they receive the information they need so they can make an informed decision about their education. Students may also reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are events being held on campus?
Bellevue University-sponsored events and community group events are being held on campus. All events are expected to follow Bellevue University COVID-19 guidelines and event sponsors are responsible for providing oversight with regard to the guidelines.
Specific parameters events and space reservations are in effect, including:
- 75% maximum capacity limitation on spaces will be upheld through July 31, 2021; 100% maximum capacity will be allowed beginning on Aug. 1, 2021.
- Social distancing of guests in the spaces being used is recommended; your event set-up plan is subject to approval by Bellevue University.
- Guests who are not fully vaccinated or who have underlying health conditions should wear face masks. Masks are optional for fully vaccinated guests.
- Frequent hand-washing and sanitizing of hands and surfaces is required.
- Meeting organizers/event owners are expected to tell inform guests that is the guest(s) is not feeling well or cannot comply with Bellevue University’s COVID-19 pandemic space usage directives, the guest(s) should not attend the event.
- Bellevue University reserves the right to immediately shut down an event and/or cancel future events with non-compliant organizations and individuals.
For more information or to make a reservation, please contact EventsSupport@Bellevue.edu.
Are athletic fans allowed to attend events? Yes. Starting Aug. 1, 2021, 100% maximum capacity will be allowed at all Bellevue University home athletic events. Event attendees (fans and coaches) who are not fully vaccinated or who have underlying health conditions should wear face masks. Masks are optional for fully vaccinated fans and coaches.
Will Bellevue University close?
Bellevue University will remain open at this time.
When would Bellevue University close the campus?
If a case of COVID-19 is identified within the campus community, we will follow direction from public health officials, which may include closing the campus and cancelling activities and sporting events.
Will Bellevue University classes continue if the campus is closed?
Bellevue University’s academic and operations team have plans in place to ensure student education continues. More than 90% of our students attend fully online, and any disruption to courses is expected to be minimal. Residential classes may be transferred into online courses if the situation necessitates it.