How is Bellevue University making decisions about the coronavirus?
Bellevue University is working closely with state and local health officials and local health providers so we can respond quickly to any changes in their recommendations, guidance, and direction.
Specific questions can be directed to a designated COVID-19 response team at COVIDResponse@Bellevue.edu.
Will Bellevue University close?
Bellevue University will remain open at this time.
When would Bellevue University close the campus?
If a case of COVID-19 is identified within the campus community, we will follow direction from public health officials, which may include closing the campus and cancelling activities and sporting events.
Will Bellevue University classes continue if the campus is closed?
Bellevue University’s academic and operations team have plans in place to ensure student education continues. More than 90% of our students attend fully online, and any disruption to courses is expected to be minimal. Residential classes may be transferred into online courses if the situation necessitates it.
What if I have to travel?
There are numerous advisories and restrictions regarding travel as it relates to COVID-19. Anyone considering or planning travel should check the latest information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the U.S. State Department.
What impact will this have on international students?
Bellevue University’s Academic Advisors/Student Coaches can assist international students and ensure they receive the information they need so they can make an informed decision about their education. Students may also reach out to email@example.com.
Are events being held on campus?
Bellevue University-sponsored events and limited community group events are being held on campus starting March 1, 2021. All events are expected to follow recommended COVID-19 guidelines (masks, distancing, frequent cleaning of surfaces and washing/sanitizing of hands.
Specific parameters have been established regarding events and space reservations, including:
- Reservations will be accepted from past “regular rental clients” only.
- Reservations will be accepted for events scheduled Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- No reservations will be accepted for Saturday or Sunday events.
- There will be a 50% maximum capacity limitations on spaces.
- All university COVID-19 guidelines must be followed by meeting organizers and attendees.
- Traditional buffet meals will not be allowed. Meetings with refreshments must provide individually wrapped meals/snacks/beverages or have catering staff serve food and drinks to guests.
- Meeting organizers/event owners must inform guests that if the guest(s) are not feeling well or cannot comply with Bellevue University COVID-19 guideines, the guest(s) should not attend the event.
- Bellevue University reserves the right to immediately shut down an event and/or cancel future events with non-compliant organizations and individuals.
For more information or to make a reservation, please contact EventsSupport@Bellevue.edu.
Are athletic fans allowed to attend events? Bellevue University home athletic events will have limited fan attendance. Only parents and immediate family of student-athletes will be permitted to attend. No concessions will be available. Coaches and fans will be required to wear masks for the entirety of each event.